When I was young, just a couple years ago, one of the biggest highlights of my Christmases was to drive around and scope out all the awesomely decorated houses and Christmas lights. Anyone remember the entire BLOCK of houses near the turnpike overpass and Taft Street in Hollywood in the 80’s or 90’s? Every single house on this street would get together to create one elaborate Christmas display- they even had postcards! Sadly, it seems each year it becomes harder and harder to find such holiday enthusiasm. Thankfully, Sun-Sentinel put together this little gem which maps out all the houses in your area for your viewing pleasure. It even includes pics and descriptions. Here are a few addresses to get you started. Happy hunting and Merry Christmas.
- Davie– 9904 W Tree Tops Court- Thousands of lights, Santas, Frostys, trains, elves
- Ft Lauderdale– 1131 SW 9th Ave- 200,000 lights, helicopter on roof
- Hollywood– 5200 Thomas St- A show every half hour, lights synchronized to music
- Hollywood– 5424 Cleveland St- 25,000 lights, 35 hand-made, hand-painted displays
- Plantation– 11480 NW 26th St- 250,000 LED lights synchronized to music, 85 inflatable displays
Sun-Sentinel Holiday Lights: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/entertainment/holiday/decorations/