It’s that time of year again, and FTL residents will be coming out in masses to kick-off the holiday season. On Tuesday November 29th, our famous boulevard will be closed down to traffic and filled with Christmas Spirit. Here are our tips for making the best of it:
- Walk, bike, or teleport to this event because parking anywhere near Las Olas will be a bitch.
- Wear close-toed shoes. Trust us on this one. There will be more strollers than you have ever seen in your life and they WILL run you over.
- Dress up your dog (or cat). You don’t want him/her to feel left out and naked. Animals who attend Christmas on Las Olas are known for their keen Christmas fashion sense.
- Bring cash. Various vendors will have food and drink carts/tables set-up but, not credit card machines. ATM’s can be hard to come by in the crowd.
- Brush up on your Tanya Harding skills. No, not clubbing people in the knee….ice skating! Skate Las Olas, an artificial ice rink, is up and running in the lawn next to the Riverside Hotel. Rent some skates for $6 and get working on that triple axel.
- Pack a thermos of your favorite holiday themed beverage. A recent favorite of ours is Mulled Wine:
- 1 bottle of red wine (really any will do)
- ¼ cup Brandy
- 1 package of cider spice (or a combination of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger)
- Simmer these ingredients on the stove-top for 10-20 minutes and enjoy.
Christmas On Las Olas
On Las Olas Boulevard in downtown Fort Lauderdale
Between Southeast 6th Avenue and Southeast 10th Avenue
Around 5 PM – 10 PM
Tuesday, November 29, 2011